Saturday, October 31, 2009

What are my options to force a former fiance to sell the house that we jointly own and he is living

I have $30,000 in debt due to issues surrounding the house. It is all in my name as I HAD the good credit. He lives in the house with his two children and refuses to move. What can I do to repair my credit, sell the house, and move on?



What are my options to force a former fiance to sell the house that we jointly own and he is living in?

This is really a question for an attorney to answer as real estate laws vary from state to state. If the property is titled to you both, it will most likely require a lawsuit to be filed for a division of property. The fact that he is living in the house can bring in homestead issues in various states.



What are my options to force a former fiance to sell the house that we jointly own and he is living in?

Contact a lawyer immediately to have him evicted so that the house can be sold.



I%26#039;m so sorry that you have had to endure this ordeal. We woman are too darn good and end up paying a hefty price both emotionally and financially.



I wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive