Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How would you feel about marrying someone who has filed bankruptcy ?

I filed bankruptcy 2 years ago and have worked hard to repair my credit. I filed due to extremely irresponsible behavior by my ex husband. He had debts in both of our names that I was unaware of and we had taken out a loan for fertility treatments that he dwindled down to nothing. I am talking 25,000 dollars here. I had no choice but to start over again. I have a mortgage and a car and am paying my bills responsibly. I am just so afraid my boyfriend will be judgemental when I tell him about it. I am very sensitive about it anyway. It really was the last resort for me. We have talked about marriage and I am wandering if this will be a problem for him? Any answers appreciated.



How would you feel about marrying someone who has filed bankruptcy ?

People make mistakes. It sounds as if you have tried very hard to correct any mistakes you might have made, as well as those of your ex. My husband had a bankruptcy similar to yours prior to our meeting each other, and (like you) he was concerned about how I would react. My reaction was that he was fixing the issues, so not a big deal. Honestly, if this is a big deal to your boyfriend, I would suggest the relationship isn%26#039;t that strong anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive