Saturday, October 31, 2009

If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can't be financi

This lady told me she would repair my credit all she ever did was email me some other persons credit information and she emailed me some letters to mail our but they dont have account numbers or anything even remotly proffessional on there. I never signed a contract and at first we didn%26#039;t discuss price she came up to me later and was like hey I need the money you owe me now she is threatening to sue me I dont htink she has a leg to stand on especially since she game be some one elses personal info including full name social dob adress the works. SO can she sue me even though all she did was email me some junk that kind of resembled my info and some accounts on my credit but no account numbers.



If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can%26#039;t be financially liable?

Ignore her. Unless you signed an agreement to pay her, she has no case. If she performed no service to you , then you owe her nothing.



If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can%26#039;t be financially liable?

Be careful. A verbal contract could be enforceable if the value of the service received is less than $500. It depends on your jurisdiction and the judges interpretation of the events. Are you over 18 years old? Being a minor is a surefire way to walk away from a contract intact. Of course, she may not sue anyway.



If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can%26#039;t be financially liable?

It sounds to me like there never was a contract.



You said you agreed to pay her to repair your credit, but what she (sort of) did was show YOU how to repair your credit.



If the price wasn%26#039;t discussed up front, then an essential term of the contract was missing.



IF she sues you, and that%26#039;s unlikely, and IF she wins, which is also unlikely, she will recover under %26quot;quantum meruit%26quot;, which is the value of the services you received. Sounds like you got diddly.



Fuhgeddaboudit.



If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can%26#039;t be financially liable?

Contact your county district attorney%26#039;s office and spell it out for them. Chances are you %26#039;re not the first she has attempted to scam.



Never worry about threats. If you get a letter to appear from a court then worry.



If i never signed a contract and there is no proof of services provided then I can%26#039;t be financially liable?

Is there a contract, anything in writing or email that provides a trail? Verbal contracts aren%26#039;t worth the paper they%26#039;re written on. The only way a judge would enforce a verbal contract is for you to admit you agreed to it.



In this case, though, the service was to repair your credit. She did not do that. That she sent you some papers to mail out is NOT a service. That%26#039;s something YOU needed to do, and she cannot charge you for work that you have to do yourself. That would be the same as a lawn-mowing service just sending you an address where you can borrow a mower, and then coming back to charge you for mowing the lawn.



Everyone threatens to sue. But to sue somebody costs money, takes time, and still is not a guarantee of payment. And if they have a shaky case, to boot, that can very likely lose, then it%26#039;s all just talk. I%26#039;d lose NO sleep over it.



PS: Somebody is sure to say she could still damage your credit record for non-payment. In the very unlikely event of that, it%26#039;s easy enough to request the credit bureau in writing to PROVE that the debt is legitimate. The bureau is required by law to prove it or remove it. Without any kind of written contract, she could not prove any debt to the credit bureau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive