Saturday, October 31, 2009

Debt Validation?

Long story short, I lost everything and moved to another state, including most of my paperwork. I%26#039;m getting back on my feet now, and trying to repair my credit.



I would like to request validation from my debtors, but haven%26#039;t been in contact with them for over a year, I had to pull their address from my credit report...can I just randomly send them a request for validation? Or do they have to contact me first?



My real concern is that I rec%26#039;d a letter from one debtor saying I have 30 days to dispute or it is legally validated. What if my other debtor sent me the same letter? They are saying I owe 5k more than I really owe. Are they just BSing about it being legally valid if I didn%26#039;t dispute?



Debt Validation?

OK, you read the FDCA so that will help in answering your questions.



That 30 day letter is a formality that they must send by law. If you do not respond, it is NOT an admission that you owe the debt.



The FDCA states %26quot;The failure of a consumer to dispute the validity of a debt under this section may not be construed by any court as an admission of liability by the consumer.%26quot;



You have the right at any time to demand validation. You actually want to do this to make sure they collection agency is not taking on tons if illegal fees, as it sounds they are doing to you now.



It also makes no difference if they contact you first or not....you said that you moved. They probably don%26#039;t know where you are. But they sure will once you request validation information...so be prepared for collection calls.



Be sure the send the letter by certified mail/return receipt.



Debt Validation?

You can still ask for validation. Failure to ask for validation within the 30 day sdoes not constitute liability.



Debt Validation?

you can consolidate your loan follow the entire procedure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive