Saturday, October 31, 2009

For home owners & buyers looking to buy/sell now: How much impact would a home inspection have o

We put a contract on a house %26amp; made it contingent upon a satisfactory home inspection, which the sellers signed. So, I looked over the home inspection report %26amp; there were 10 things, 6 of which I think are really important to be fixed (some are safety hazards). Our realtor is writing an addendum asking that they fix or credit us on the selling price for the repairs. Nothing we are asking for is extremely expensive %26amp; we REALLY want %26amp; love this house. Sellers: Would you be likely to either fix or credit a buyer? And Buyers: What should we do if they say no to some repairs/credits if we really do not want to pull out of the contract? Please help!



For home owners %26amp; buyers looking to buy/sell now: How much impact would a home inspection have on your dec.?

As a seller, it would depend on how quickly I needed to sell. If I am in no rush, then I could simply wait for someone to buy AS IS. If the repairs are no big deal then I might be willing to do it. It really all depends on why they are selling and how motivated. As a buyer, I think it would really depend on the big picture. If as you said the repairs are no expense, and the seller says no. I would still go ahead and buy if I were completely in love with the house, and then fix them myself. If you could live without the house, then you might want to go and look for a house with a more satisfactory report. GOOD LUCK!!



For home owners %26amp; buyers looking to buy/sell now: How much impact would a home inspection have on your dec.?

From the sellers point of view, they can sell the house As Is, and they do not have to fix a thing, but seeing they agreed to fix certain things, be happy they are doing that. Get a price on the repairs you need by a licensed contractor, and then you will know if you can afford to fix these things our not. If you really love the house, just bite the bullet and fix what the owner does not. When I bought my first house, I bought it in a as is condition, and did the repairs myself, and also hired some people too do the things I could not. When I sold the house I sold it AS IS, and I had no problem selling it, and did not have to do anything. I had remodeled the house, but there was still more to do, so the next owner took over and that was that. Bottom line, If you love the house, and you can handle the repairs, as long as they are not too major, buy it, and fix it, and everybody , will be happy. Good Luck..........



For home owners %26amp; buyers looking to buy/sell now: How much impact would a home inspection have on your dec.?

You won%26#039;t know the price of the repairs until you hire a repair person. The inspector finds the problems but can%26#039;t necessarily attach a dollar figure on it. Neither should either Realtor.



The addendum should have been signed at the time of the initial Offer. You should request a specific reduction in price of the house and hire your own repair-person so that you know the quality of the work performed and get a guarantee.



If the Seller fixes it, well, just realize that paint and glue can hide a multitude of sins. And, closing, constitutes acceptance of the property on that date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive