Wednesday, October 28, 2009

17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

I live in California, and I pretty much bombed in high school, I am credit deficient beyond repair and it%26#039;s pretty much pointless to continue. I want to start working and going towards getting my GED. Though I think California laws require people under 18 who are in school to have work permits through the school. Does this apply to dropped out students? I want a job over the summer, if I can%26#039;t it%26#039;s not a HUGE deal since I turn 18 in 4 months. If I can whats the best way to try and attempt to get a job?



Please help,



Thanks



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

You can work, most jobs require you to be 18, but some do not.



This is not a good life plan.



Did you talk with the high school councilor and see if you can get your credits in a continuation school? Your whole life you will have to answer %26quot;no%26quot; to Did you graduate? You will have a very hard time functioning and being successful as an adult.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

hey man...i suggest going to vocational school if you dont finish high school. you can become trained in a particular skilled profession (electrictian, plumber, carpenter). There is decent money there.



Talk to a guidance counselor at your school. They may refer you to a special education teacher (don%26#039;t let that scare you that doens%26#039; tmake you stupid). They can offer you different modified diploma options and get you set up for vocational school.



I%26#039;m a special education teacher and I know how tough school is for some students. College is not for everyone but you can definitely have an important place in society. hand in there!



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

You should call a place of business like a wal-mart or something and just ask the same question. The manager has probably had to deal with it before and can give you a real answer. Go get that GED and get serious about life dude, it%26#039;s tough out there and you don%26#039;t want to take the easy way on everything at this point in your life. The next 4 years will determine the success or failure of the rest of your life.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

No, it%26#039;s NOT pointless to continue! You can spell well, have good grammar, and understand how to communicate. FINISH SCHOOL - get that diploma. The difference in your life is astronomical!



Without that diploma, you%26#039;ll be stuck in low-paying, dead-end jobs. It may be embarrassing to stick around another year, but it will pay off for you.



Suck it up and finish. You won%26#039;t regret it!



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

You are an idiot for dropping out. I will not tell you this answer.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

I don%26#039;t know about california, but here in missouri you have to be 16 to work without a permit. I wouldn%26#039;t think whether or not you were in school would have anything to do with you%26#039;re requirements as far as needing a work permit.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

Same thing! Get your GED fast, it%26#039;s easier than high school.



Employers will love employees like you, because they underpay you just because you have not finished school. GED counts for having finished. So get going.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

The GED is a good alternative to a diploma. It will work the same. I have read that kids under 18 need a work permit from the school to work in california, and dropping out doesn%26#039;t exclude you. At least according to this web site.



http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~safejobs/f...



But it also says alot of schools have alternative and GED programs for kids in your situation and that you can still get a work permit while enrolled in one of these alternative programs through the school. So if you go ahead and sign up for your GED classes or get into an alternative program, perhaps you can get your work permit through that program.



17, dropping out of school, can I work legally?

You can legally work. The only restriction is the employer. Some placaes require you to be 18. You can start working other places at 16 years old. It just depends on where you apply. School or diplomas have nothing to do with it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive