Thursday, June 17, 2010

My car fuel pump broke on me and I don't have the money to repair it.?

My car fuel pump went bad and needs replacing. I took it to Firestone and they%26#039;re saying it%26#039;s gonna cost me $600 to fix it When they told me this I nearly dropped dead. Now I can%26#039;t even get to work because of this. I tired getting a loan but because of not having much credit history I got turned down by everyone I applied to. I need help bad. All my life nothing but bad things have happened to me and I don%26#039;t know why. Sometimes I think life just isn%26#039;t worth living. This isn%26#039;t just about my car but everything else in my miserable life. I guess What I need to know is if what Firestone is charging me is reasonable and how do I get the money to fix my car. Hopefully, I%26#039;ll still be around to read the comments.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

thats probably about the going rate on a fuel pump. I paid 600 to have a diesel mechanic sale me a pump and look at the truck for 2 hours. I ended up changing the pump %26amp; dropping my tank of my f250 in a walmart parking lot to clean my intake pick up tube. (I was far from home) If you know how to change a fuel pump check Ebay for a pump or a auto parts store. They can usually print instructions on installation. If you need tools ask a family member or friend.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

looks like you don%26#039;t have a car problem but financial problem you need to go back and listen to daddy.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

The repair of autos has become riduculous. Vicious circle. Everyone wants a raise. In order to get a raise, the employer has to raise the prices. You can replace the fuel pump yourself and save a lot of money. Just take the bull by the horns and deal with it. You can also use this philosophy in the other areas of your life as well instead of crying about how bad you have it. There was a man that complained about how bad his feet hurt, until he met a man that had no feet. You are not the only person in the world that has had it rough. It all depends on how you deal with it. I challenge everything.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

It%26#039;s certainly worth calling a few more shops and getting other estimates. Go with the cheapest one. Remember you%26#039;ll have to get it towed there if you find somewhere cheaper. Have you asked Firestone about their credit? They have there own credit company and might be able to finance it for you.



If you%26#039;re in dire straights financially, call around to some churches (hopefully you%26#039;re a member of one) and find out what community service help is available in your area. Department of Family Services, state agencies or something like that. Look through the blue pages in the phone book.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

first either start walking or find some other way to work unemployed is not going to help. second find a freind with a tool box and get to it. the pump should be 100 to 300 at your local parts store and in a few hours it will be fixed.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

if the fuel pumps ******, you can just pull it out yourself and get a sh or new pump, fit it back up, make sure it got feed and earth with the key on, all good. sused, you dont have to pay for labour and marked up stuffs



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

Yeah that%26#039;s about right If your fuel pump is in the gas tank. The pump can cost from $50 to $200.



Its not a complicated job, You could do it yourself it will require jacking the car up and 3 or 4 hand tools.



If you are not mechanically inclined you may want to invest in a %26quot;ten speed. For temporary transit.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

Year, mileage, make and model of the car? Don%26#039;t give up just yet...lots of solutions available.



You could sell the car as is on your own and take a loss because of the fuel pump being bad or trade it in at a dealer for another one----dealers love trade-ins that are in otherwise good shape but need repairs because they can repair it for cost and make money on the deal.....you%26#039;ll lose some money in the deal but at least, you can buy another lesser expensive car with the trade-in amount hopefully. Just don%26#039;t let them discount it for more than the repairs and trade-in value but without it running, it may take a little haggling....don%26#039;t give up too much.



You could check some other area shops for a better price on replacing the pump but it%26#039;s probably going to be around the same price unless you find a shop with a cheaper labor rate and markup on parts.



You could try replacing the pump yourself....buy a new pump and a shop/repair manual at a parts store and read the procedure to do the repair....drop the tank---after draining it---to replace the pump....might need a couple friends to help and some basic tools.



You could buy a cheapo beater car to get by with till you have the funds to fix yours...Craiglist.org has lots of car ads for sale by owner that can be really cheap or ask some friends if they have a spare car to borrow for a few weeks.



Sell some personal possesions to raise the money for repairs....Craigslist again has--- for sale-- ads you can post.



Try to get a budget made up for expenses like this whenever you own a car---I usually recommend to people that they budget 100.00 a month to put aside in a savings account for car repairs or have a credit card with a 1000.00 limit and don%26#039;t use it for anything but emergency car repairs. Once you establish an emergency fund, don%26#039;t touch it for anything else, no matter how tempting it is.



Life can be pretty frustrating sometimes but it%26#039;s not all bad...just takes a little preparation and forethought to be prepared for life%26#039;s little problems---lots of people have it way worse than you do so don%26#039;t despair....just think through your options.



My car fuel pump broke on me and I don%26#039;t have the money to repair it.?

They are not hard to fix, requires two people and some tools.



is there anyone in your neighborhood who works on cars?



that might do it for less $$ also you can get a pump at your local salvage/junk yard for a lot less, ask them if they can test it. i just did one in a 98 ford windstar total cost $35.00..



PS!! unhook your battery before doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive