Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can a credit card transaction get lost?

I needed my truck repaired. I charged the $480. The service station ran my card and got authorization and a reciept. I signed it. Now there saying they submitted it in the batch at the end of the day. They ran it,they have a reciept, I have a reciept. However it showed up on my CC for a week as a %26quot;pending authorization for an approved transaction that has not yet been applied to my account, my current spending balance reflects this transaction*....ok so now..the transaction has dissapeared off my CC, gone..nothing..no charge. I have NOT recieved any calls or letters from my CC company.They say it just dropped off...so what the HECK happened? I might add this is a NEW business, like 2 months old, could they have made the mistake? will it show up later somewhere?



Can a credit card transaction get lost?

Several things could have happened but the likely thing is that they got the authorization but when the charge actually went thru something went wrong (perhaps they charged the a different amnt then what was authorized, they didn%26#039;t complete the charge before the authorization expired)...Whatever happened, the bank kicked the charge back to the mechanic as a denied charge by the bank --- They will get a notice from their credit card processing center for the charge-back (That is what it is called) advising them that they are not getting paid --- at which time I would suspect they will contact you to ask you for payment or authorization to recharge your card.



Can a credit card transaction get lost?

My guess is it will show up. If they accept Credit Cards, then they have what is called a Merchant Bank Account. They get paid by the transaction. They will find the error and correct it.



I had the same thing paying my cellular bill awhile ago. About a year later I was put into collections for it. I called the collections company and the cell phone company, and faxed them my reciept. (Keep your Reciept). They took me off collections, said they were sorry, waived the interest and late fee and it went through as a regular cahrge.



Hope my experience helps....



Can a credit card transaction get lost?

Sounds like they screwed up somewhere on their end, if it doesn%26#039;t reappear in a couple of weeks you%26#039;re probably in the clear as far as having to pay them for it (though moraly you should). It%26#039;s their responsibility to send their transactions through properly.



Can a credit card transaction get lost?

Check into cash is basically a very fast loan that doesn%26#039;t require credit checks or background checks. However, check into cash services should really only be used when you literally have no other options available to you. Check into cash advances are not supposed to be used frequently; rather, check into cash should be utilized as a one time or merely occasional transaction designed to get you or your family out of a tight spot.



If you find yourself relying on check into cash services, this could signal a more pressing problem with your budget keeping. And if your check into cash transaction ends with a bounced check, you%26#039;ll end up owing more money than you would have if you%26#039;d just been able to wait for your regular paycheck to arrive. Read more about credit card transaction at: http://www.credit-card-gallery.com/artic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive