Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

I was 17 when I had to see doctor when I broke a bone in my foot I needed surgery to repair. They never asked me for my mothers name or info can I remove this



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

Yup, it%26#039;s your parents responsibility not yours. Remind the bureaus of your current age with a copy of your ID, also have them validate the date of the hospital visit. Also mention that you know your rights and would have no problem getting an atty. That alone should be enough, but I would also write a letter to the billing dept of the hospital and send them copies of the letter you sent to the bureau. Tell them they%26#039;ve got 30 days to respond or you will get an atty. Keep records of your correspondence with them. If they don%26#039;t budge you can take them to small claims, and win.



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

You need the services of a ATTORNEY.



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

You can file a statement on the collection that tells those who look at your report you were underage when it occurred and that since you%26#039;ve been an adult you have been stellar with your credit. Also after 7 years it drops out of your score for almost all credit agencies.



If you haven%26#039;t paid the debt yet, you could tell the collector that you will only pay if they are willing to remove the delinquency.



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

Yes, go to www.annualcreditreport.com



Let them know that you were 17 at the time.



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

If you were a minor, and have proof of such, challenge the delinquency... You%26#039;re parents should have been responsible for this, and present to authorize medical treatment...



Also, if they refuse to dismiss the charge, challenge it... If the creditor can%26#039;t prove that the charge was made by you, they have to remove it. I think they have to do so within 14 days or so...



Can i remove a collection from credit report if I was underage when it accured?

Yes. Dispute it with the credit bureaus that have it on your file. Then, write a letter to the collection agency who reported it. Tell them to validate it by providing a copy of the signed document.



Your letter should ask for the following:



1.A copy of the original contract that has my signature on it.



2.Any and all documents detailing the accounting of this alleged debt (from inception to current date).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive