Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have very bad credit. if i sell my house and pay it off how will it affect my score?

my stb ex-wife destroyed my cedit. my house needs repairs i cant pay for. if i sell it and pay it off does it help my score or bring it down as it would show im not making payments monthly? btw i was a victim of id theft. %26quot;my wife%26quot; bless her little heart. got several cards in the mail using my info. maxed em all out moved in with her bf and stuck me with the bills. including a car loan i had to co-sign for her. the car was scrapped out long ago. im still paying for the tires she had put on it 5 yrs ago. theres alot more but its along story.



I have very bad credit. if i sell my house and pay it off how will it affect my score?

Have you filed a police report concerning the credit cards. She may have been your wife, but that does not mean she can commit fraud.



I think you should consult an attorney and explain the situation and see if there are some legal actions you could take against here.



I would also keep a very detailed paper trail of everything that you can for divorce proceedings. May be that the judge can make her pay these debts.



Good luck to you



I have very bad credit. if i sell my house and pay it off how will it affect my score?

The whole idea 2 having credit is to get a home TO BEGIN WITH ! ! !



As long as you have that house and a divorce judge hasn%26#039;t ruled that it belongs to your wife then do all you can to hang on to it. !



If you%26#039;re not critically behind on your mortgage payments then hold on to the house at all costs. Like you said if you continue to make ON TIME MORTGAGE PAYMENTS and the divorce judge has or will rule in your favor then YOU%26#039;VE WON THE BATTLE NO MATTER WHAT ELSE HAPPENS.



LOL



p.s. If you lose this house you%26#039;ll probably never have another one. And don%26#039;t EVEN THINK about filing for bankruptcy



I have very bad credit. if i sell my house and pay it off how will it affect my score?

Normally, the faster you pay off a property, the higher your credit rating will be. I don%26#039;t see that selling your home will lower your rating. really, it should go up. Ask a bank and maybe talk to a credit agency, Equifax or an equivelant agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive